We love gifts. We love giving gifts. But mostly we love giving gift hampers. This was a gift hamper for an exceptionally special lady so we had to put something exceptional together.
1 x bunch of flowers. (Proteas, greens, delphiniums, red roses)
1 x plastic Ziploc
3 x elastic bands
1 x black tissue paper
1 x bottle of Waterford Rose-Mary
1 x strawberry plant
1 x packet of Lardiere dried strawberry
1 x jar of Lardiere Strawberry Whip
1 x punnet of Strawberries
1 x broad black ribbon
1 x double-sided tape
1 x narrow black ribbon
1 x black wrapping paper
1 x thick cardboard
1 x sheet whiteboard
1 x moss
- Create a base by crossing two pieces of board and sticking them together. The false bottom helps to display the items.
- Cut a white circle to cover the ugly board.
- Cut a hole big enough for the bunch of flowers.
- Add water to the plastic Ziploc and put the bunch in it.
- Wrap the bunch in tissue paper.
- Tie the broad black ribbon over the elastic.
- Add the flowers to the wine cooler.
- Arrange the items.
- We wrapped the hand cream and tied a ribbon around the wine.
- Cut the broad black ribbon to an appropriate length and stick pieces of double-sided tape on the back.
- Stick it in place just under the rim of the wine cooler. This keeps it from slipping down.
- Fill in all the gaps with moss.
- Add strawberries.
This was such fun to make and to put together. Hampers can be expensive, but you can be smart about it.
- The false base helps to fill up space, reducing the number or amount of gifts you need.
- When you choose the gifts make sure to vary the sizes. Big gifts go at the bottom. Smaller gifts fill in the gaps.
- The moss is perfect for softening and hiding gaps. You can use tissue, angel’s hair, or toile.
- Pick a colour scheme. The black boxes dictated the colour and we knew the birthday girl liked red roses. The strawberries complemented the red roses.
If you’d like to purchase this gift hamper or have us create a gift hamper especially for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Price on request.
Mia and Blair