We loved the rose petal wrapping we shared last week and we hope you did too. Here is another idea using rose petals that is simple, easy, and absolutely gorgeous.
White paper, or any colour you would prefer.
Roses, your choice of colour
- Wrap the gift in the white (or whichever you choose) paper. Remember when we said we rarely buy wrapping paper? This is what we buy instead, it is white-board writing paper. The sheets are big and it wraps beautifully.
- Stick the double-sided tape in the shape of a heart. This isn’t, of course, a perfect heart, just follow a general outline and make sure there is enough tape for all the petals.
- Remove the petals from the rose.
- Stick the petals on the sticky heart. We started at the top and worked our way down. Make sure they overlap. The tape must not show.
- Depending on the size of the gift and of the heart, you can add as many hearts as you like.
This is incredibly easy to do, but once again, be gentle with the petals and make sure to wrap it on the day of the party. Rose petals that have been abused, will turn brown. The petals are fragile, but should last for about a day if the rose is fresh and if it isn’t sweltering. Remember, you can also keep it cool in the fridge if need be.
You can also add ribbons and twine to the gift. We loved this simplicity of this, but a ribbon would certainly add to the gift.
We hope you enjoyed this simple idea. Don’t forget to send us pictures of your wrapping or tag us online. We would love to see what you are all wrapped up in.
Have a happy day,
Mia & Blair