So by now, you will know that we love hampers. Deciding what goes in and arranging it all is one of our favourite things. They are incredibly versatile. This Herb Hamper would be great for a cook or gardener.
For The Herb Hamper You Need:
We used a wooden container as a base. You can use any kind of basket or small trough even.
We bought our herbs from Woolworths. The ones in the terracotta pots.
The mini tools and spray bottle are also from Woolworths. Check out their flower section.
The small jar is from Mr Price Home, but any glass jar will do. We filled it with Nasturtium seeds.
We added lemons and tomatoes for a spot of colour.
The moss filled in the gaps.
Add ribbon and small wreath as an ornament.
- The herbs went in first. Depending on the size of the plants and the container you may need to add some filling in the bottom of the container to raise the pots.
- Add ribbon to the spray bottle and tools. Arrange among the herbs.
- Add the seed jar. You can add more depending on the size of the container.
- Add the veggies and fruit. If you have a specific colour scheme choose veggies to match.
- Add moss to fill the gaps.
- Tie the ribbon around the base and add an ornament or card.
You can add or subtract items as needed. Think of garden twine, herb markers or even a pair of gardening gloves. Anything that will be handy for a gardener.
You can also replace the jars with seed sachets. We love Living Seeds. They specialise in heirloom seeds.
If you are packing for a cook think about wooden spoons, spices and dish towels.
If you use a smaller container you can use one or two herb plants instead of three. The possibilities are endless.
Mia & Blair