Meet Chanzelle, today’s woman of wonder. She is a genius when it comes to needle and thread, and considering that we can barely sew a button, we are in awe.
Name: Chanzelle van der Linde
Birthday: 29 December 1985 – I know (Almost a ’86 baby!)
Age: 30 years old
My name is Chanzelle van der Linde, I am driven by passion and therefore I took my love for children and my passion for interior and combined the two to start my own company called Klein Pikkewyn Bedding and Accessories. I absolutely love being creative and being behind my sewing machine. It’s like therapy to me, and as every mom has a unique idea for their baby’s room I get to work on something different every day – which helps with the creative juices! I feel incredibly blessed to be able to do what I love, and remind myself of that every day. I took a sewing course two years ago and I was transformed, I absolutely fell in love with creating beautiful things with my hands. I am also currently finishing up my studies for Interior Decorating at DSSA in Menlyn. I am married to an amazing man who has made all the dreams I didn’t even know about come true.
- What makes you happy? Family
- If there was only one thing you wanted the world to say about you, what would It be? That I undoubtedly did my BEST at everything I tried.
- Who inspires you in life and why? I have so many amazing people in my life that it is difficult to name just one. I am inspired by the different characteristics of each of the special people in my life.
- What is your superpower? The belief hat I can do it ALL!
- How do you handle criticism? …Refer to no 4…Did I not mention I can do everything?
- In one year from now, what will you be celebrating? Hopefully the birth of our first child – and the first successful year of Klein Pikkewyn!
- What has been the hardest business decision you have ever made? Leaving a secure job and chasing my dreams. It has made me face fears I didn’t even know I had.
- When did you know that THIS is what you wanted to do for a living? After taking up sewing lessons two years ago.
- Where is your happy place? In the arms of my husband (Queue the violin music)
- What is one quote that inspires you?
Have a great weekend!
Mia & Blair