Junelle is a master in the kitchen and has taught us many tricks over the years. She is also the mastermind behind LARDIERE Fine Foods, which are staples in our pantries.
You may have already noticed that we are big, big fans of LARDIERE Fine Foods. In our recent Happiness is a Hamper post, we included their dried strawberries, strawberry whip, and soy candles to add to the luxuriousness of our hamper. When we were graciously given a Triumph of Truffles from the Truffle Kitchen, we called on Junelle for her expert advice. And in our very first post (yay!), How to Layer a Cheese Board, we added their soy candles to our cheese board because, a) they are gorgeous and b) they keep the bugs away.
It is our greatest pleasure to share with you Junelle Germishuizen as this week’s Women of Wonder.
Name: Junelle Germishuizen
Birthday: 10 May
Age: 6 YEARS FROM Retirement
Business: LARDIERE Fine Foods
My eulogy should reflect my passion for food, of course, and amongst other important things. I am over committed to producing the best tasting & quality products humanly possible. I am addicted to change & love setting my course towards unchartered waters. My husband is too good to be true, but really he is. My 5 children are truly polar opposites, all with one thing in common, fantastic taste buds & my worthy critics. I absolutely love entertaining, setting tables, creating new menu’s & so the list goes on…
- What makes you happy? Abundant interaction( very touchy , feely person), banter from my family & close friends. Time, the one thing we cannot buy. Innovation. Real life Celebrity Chefs that remains humble in spite of their achievements.
- If there is only one thing you wanted the world to say about you, what would it be? Crazy food obsessed lady, almost like crazy cat lady!
- Who inspires you in life and why? Self-motivated people, I am not fussy about their gender, but about what they want to get out of life. If it is all about me, I SAY, HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM…………
- What is your superpower? Never, ever, ever giving up even if it seems impossible.
- How do you handle criticism? I use to take serious offence, but old age has marinated me into understanding that everyone has an opinion & it doesn’t have to be yours. Choose your battles, daily…
- In one year from now, what will you be celebrating? International product orders that will sustain my new travel addiction, which I will develop round about the same time.
- What has been the hardest business decision you have ever made? Venturing into LARDIERE, a foreign concept for most. Online shopping is scary for most adventurers.
- When did you know that THIS is what you wanted to do for a living? My career started when my darling mother used to cater stunning parties, I fell in love with her style & amazing attention to detail, from setting tables to preparing food for days, I mean days….. her relentless search for the best products & enthusiasm to work for through the night to create that perfect evening.
- Where is your happy place? That place in Africa, where the need for speed is not required, where the bushveld fire is roaring along with the lions & owls compliment the night sounds. With my besties (family, friends, future friends) where there is peace, love & abundant new foodie flavours.
- What is one quote that inspires you?
Have a happy day!
Mia & Blair