The Happy Go Lucky Club would like to introduce you to Marni van den Berg.
Marni is the mastermind behind Find Your Jane, a professional recruitment agency that will assist you in finding the perfect nanny or domestic worker for your family. Their slogan is “Recruiting Peace of Mind”, which is exactly what they do. All of Find Your Jane’s candidates have completed a basic first aid and nanny course.
We hope you enjoy getting to know Marni better.
Name: Marni van den Bergh
Business: Find Your Jane
Birthday: 12 June – a Gemini
A few questions for us to get to know Marni better:
- What makes you happy? I am at my happiest in a warm, steamy bubble bath with my iPad and Pinterest. (please don’t tell my IT colleagues about the steam and iPad situation…)
- If there was only one thing you wanted the world to say about you, what would It be? That I am the happiest and most optimistic person to be around.
- Who inspires you in life and why? I am inspired by working mothers. It takes careful planning, excellent time management, innovative ideas, blood, sweat and tears to run a household, be a great wife, mother, and colleague. There are days where I am beyond exhausted and only have to look at the working mothers around me to find energy and inspiration again. I am also inspired by women that encourage each other to live their dreams. I recently met a few great girls that are working mothers, entrepreneurs, and creative masterminds! These girls are connected, supportive, kind and have a such a positive vibe around them.
- What is my superpower? I am not very fast, but I can run very far.
- How do you handle criticism? I don’t think anyone likes being on the receiving end of criticism. I take criticism quite personal, but I have learned to deal with it. In the end, you can’t grow or make the necessary changes if you don’t have the awareness. Take a day or two, deal with it and move on. I have also made a conscious decision to give positive feedback where it is due. Positive feedback inspires people to better themselves and is more constructive in the long run.
- In one year from now, what will you be celebrating? In one year from now, I will be celebrating the fact that I managed to scrape together enough courage to pursue my business idea, Find Your Jane. Starting your own business takes a lot of courage and in a way you expose yourself which was quite daunting to me.
- What has been the hardest business decision you have ever made? I really want to make everyone happy and assist every customer that approaches me, but sometimes I have to make a decision that I can’t satisfy everyone’s needs and refer them to another business.
- When did you know that THIS is what you wanted to do for a living? I am a full-time employee in a corporate environment and decided to start Find Your Jane as a sideline business earlier this year. I became a mother August last year, finished my post graduate studies in December 2015 and still felt the need to give my business idea a try. At first, it was purely a business idea with a logo and a Facebook page, but it has changed into something much bigger. I have managed to assist 23 women in obtaining a child care and CPR certificate through Sr Elsie de Klerk’s Mother and Baby Clinic. It’s by no means a university degree or college diploma, but the joy and pure happiness when they successfully complete their course is priceless. I can literally see how our society is turning into a better place by empowering women. We are all trying our very best to be great mothers, wives, and sisters and we can achieve so much more when we support each other. I have placed wonderful women with wonderful families and it gives me so much joy when I get phone calls from these women and customers expressing their gratitude. It is in those moments that I know I am doing the right thing.
- Where is your happy place? I am in love with our home. It is there where I get to spend time with my little family. They make me so happy. Oh, and Mauritius. Mauritius is also great.
- What’s one quote that inspires you?
Mia & Blair